Mr. Freedman’s practice focuses on providing corporate and securities counsel to emerging growth and middle-market companies, ranging from start-up to public companies, executive officers and investors. Mr. Freedman represents businesses in a wide range of industries, including technology, biopharmaceutical, medical devices, restaurant, real estate, apparel, entertainment, digital media and natural resources.
He represents clients in all stages of development, including strategic entity formation, public and private equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. Mr. Freedman also represents real estate owners, developers and borrowers.
He joined the firm in 2008 as an associate and became a member of the firm in 2015.
State Bar of California (Co-Vice Chair of Communications, Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section, 2015).
State Bar of California (Member, Corporations Committee and liaison to the Commercial Transactions Committee of the Business Law Section, 2013-2014).
Century City Chamber of Commerce (co-Chairman, Growing Professionals and Entrepreneurs Council, 2011-2013).
PLG International Lawyers (Member 2012-present).
Elected Director of YPLG International Lawyers.
Mr. Freedman was named a Rising Star in 2015 and 2016 by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business.
Mr. Freedman is conversant in Spanish.
UCLA (B.A., Business Economics, cum laude, 2004)
University of Southern California (Master of Real Estate Development, award with honorarium, 2005)
Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., business law certificate, Scholastic Excellence Awards in Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance and Control, 2008).
Elected to the Honor Council all three years at Vanderbilt.
- Merger of company engaged in research, development, and commercialization of autologous cell-based therapeutics for use in regenerative medicine with a publicly traded medical device manufacturer
- Merger of public oil and gas company
- Nasdaq-listed cancer vaccine company in registered spin-off of subsidiary company
- Underwritten public offering of shares of common stock of Nasdaq-listed companies pursuant to “shelf” registrations
- Follow-on offerings of securities for numerous NASDAQ-listed corporations
- Representation of publicly traded corporations in various SEC-registered employee stock offerings
- Private equity fund acquisition and sale of specialty coatings manufacturer
- Dividend recapitalization
- Numerous private financings under SEC Rule 506
- Purchase of industrial properties in Pomona, California totaling 23,000 square feet
- Leases of restaurant space in Beverly Hills and downtown Los Angeles
- Ongoing advice and counsel to various start-up and successful private companies
- Ongoing advice to various public corporations regarding compliance issues arising under federal securities laws, including periodic reporting requirements of Securities Exchange Act of 1934, FINRA, and compliance with NASDAQ and NYSE requirements
- TroyGould Represents CytRx in $8.1 Million Direct Offering
- Darren Freedman Named “Rising Star”
- New Restaurant for TroyGould Clients
- TroyGould Represents Galena in $22 Million Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
- New Restaurant and Bakery for TroyGould Client
- TroyGould Represents Point.360 in Acquisition of Assets
- TroyGould Represents CytRx in $28 Million Public Offering of Common Stock
- Darren Freedman Named “Rising Star”
- Freedman Quoted in MarketWatch
- TG Attorneys in CEB Publication
- TroyGould Represents Galena in $38 Million Public Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
- Freedman Featured in Century City News
- TroyGould represents Galena in stock purchase agreement
- New Restaurant for TG Client
- TG Client Announces Merger