Mr. Ficksman’s practice focuses on securities, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and domestic and international corporate finance. He has been active for many years in taking public in the U.S. a number of companies whose principal operations are in China, and has represented these companies as U.S. securities and corporate counsel.
Mr. Ficksman provides corporate, securities and business counseling to corporate clients and their officers and directors. He also assists clients in preparing for and responding to investigations and litigation, including representation of directors and special committees in these investigations.
Mr. Ficksman represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including life sciences, telecommunications, the Internet, software, publishing, environmental, financial services (including underwriters and placement agents), manufacturing and entertainment.
Mr. Ficksman is rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell.
Partner, Loeb & Loeb, Los Angeles.
Mr. Ficksman is a frequent speaker on legal and business issues on the new economy, securities and corporate governance. He is also a member of the New York State Bar and LNI Oasis (Legal Network International/Organisation of Advocates Specialising in International Services).
Tufts University (A.B., Political Science, cum laude)
New York University School of Law (LL.M. and J.D.)
- Represented an over-the-counter biotech company in a $30 million private placement of common stock and warrants.
- Represented an over-the-counter biotech company in acquisitions of two groups of biopharmaceutical companies.
- Represented an over-the-counter technology company in a $3.8 million private placement of common stock and warrants.
- Represented a technology company in a registered spin-off of the company from its public parent.
- Represented an over-the-counter biotech company in rights offering to its stockholders.
- Represented an over-the-counter consumer products company in a merger with a NASDAQ company.
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel in a public offering of a China-based company.
- Represented a SPAC in a $100 million initial public offering.