Mr. Miller is an attorney in the firm’s Corporate Department. His practice includes securities law, initial public offerings, cross-border transactions, general corporate law and governance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and regulatory compliance. Mr. Miller serves as counsel to public and private companies in the U.S. as well as a number of foreign companies publically traded on U.S. markets.
In addition to serving as a law clerk in the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in Washington, D.C., Mr. Miller has provided business and legal risk assessment of complex rail transportation maintenance proposals for Siemens Industry, Inc. Prior to law school, he negotiated and managed international contracts with commercial and military end-users throughout the Asia Pacific Region, and has performed cradle-to grave-export compliance under both ITAR and EAR for a wide range of aerospace aftermarket hardware and components.
Mr. Miller reads, writes and speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese.
Portland State University (B.A., Arts and Letters, 2000).
National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan (M.A., Chinese Literature and Cultural Studies, 2004).
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 2012); While in law school, Mr. Miller served as Editor-in-Chief of the UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal and as Articles Editor for the UCLA Journal of Law and Technology. Additionally, Mr. Miller served as a research editor for the peer-reviewed Journal of National Security Law and Policy now published by Georgetown Law.
- Sale of company that provides wedding and event services at a facilities throughout California to a private equity fund
- Sale of food safety auditing company to Underwriter Laboratories
- Consolidation and merger of a Sweden-based video messaging service company and its foreign subsidiaries into a U.S. holding company
- Initial public offering and follow-on offering for pet biopharmaceutical company
- PIPE offering and related S-1 registration statement for an emerging biotechnology company
- Underwritten public offering for an oil and gas company and related uplisting to NYSE Market from the OTCB
- Ongoing advice and counsel to public companies regarding Exchange Act reporting, FINRA reporting and corporate actions, and NYSE and NASDAQ compliance
- Numerous Rule 506 venture capital and private equity financings
Co-author, Chapter 3, “Choosing the Appropriate Business Entity,” in Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Edition January 2016, California Continuing Education of the Bar (2016).
Co-author, Chapter 3, “ Choosing the Appropriate Business Entity,” in Forming and Operating California Limited Liability Companies, 3rd Edition, California Continuing Education of the Bar (2014).
- TroyGould represents Earthlite Massage Tables in Sale to Branford Castle Partners
- TroyGould Closes $100 Million Lion Biotech Deal
- TroyGould Attorneys Author Updated California Treatise
- TG Attorneys in CEB Publication
- TroyGould Represents Lion Biotechnologies in $73.6 Million Public Offering
- TroyGould Represents Lion Biotechnologies in $34.5 Million Underwritten Common Stock Offering
- Kindred Bio Completes Follow-on Public Offering
- Kindred Bio IPO Ushers in New Industry
- Biotech Financing Deal Closes