Mr. Schnapp practices primarily in the areas of corporate and securities laws. He has represented clients in a variety of industries, including technology, entertainment, manufacturing, agriculture, oil and gas and consumer products. He has represented these entities from inception through all stages of financing, including start-up “angel” investments, venture capital rounds, commercial bank loans, and initial and secondary public offerings of debt and equity securities. Some of the notable companies that Mr. Schnapp has represented from inception through various rounds of financings include DTS, Machinima, Dealer Dot Com and Movie Gallery.
Mr. Schnapp has extensive experience in merger and acquisition transactions involving public and private companies. He also advises clients in a variety of other corporate areas, including the formation of joint ventures, employment arrangements, corporate governance and ongoing SEC compliance matters.
Certified Public Accountant, Mann Judd Landau, CPAs, New York, New York (1983-1985). Associate, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Los Angeles (1988-1994).
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 1983). University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 1988); Order of the Coif; member, UCLA Moot Court.
- $80 million investment in a leading provider of comprehensive digital marketing solutions and services for the automotive retail industry
- $75 million credit facility for Canadian-based designer and manufacturer of space hardware
- $50 million private equity investment in a registered broker dealer that facilitates off exchange transactions
- Sale of seed distribution company to venture-capital backed company
- Sale of company that sells industrial machine tools
- Merger of US-based on-line vacation company with UK-based company
- Acquisition by private equity investors of a medical device wholesaler
- Sale of premium Mediterranean food company to private equity investor
- Various rounds of venture capital financing for Los Angeles-based on line entertainment network
- Various rounds of venture capital financing for Los Angeles-based company formed to provide in-store music to retail stores
- Sale of Los Angeles-based entertainment marketing group
Co-author, Chapter 9, “Directors’ Duties in Takeovers and Mergers,” in Advising and Defending Corporate Directors and Officers April 2007, California Continuing Education of the Bar (1998, updated 2007)
Co-author, “Public and Private Securities Offerings of California Companies” (outline for Los Angeles County Bar Association 30th Annual Securities Regulation Seminar).